Welcome to the #1 Golf course in North Dakota rated by Golfweek and Golf Digest for the years (2009-2013) and the 2nd most affordable golf course on the Top 100 list! If you haven’t played The Links it is worth the trip and will be one of your years most enjoyable rounds!
Nationally recognized The Links of North Dakota presents golfers with an authentic links style golfing experience on the bluffs overlooking Lake Sakakawea. The course located just 28 miles outside of Williston, North Dakota and 16 miles from Ray, North Dakota in the heart of the areas Bakken Oil Formation. It is the areas only 18 hole championship golf course with Bent Grass greens, fairways and tee boxes which allow a true “Links” ground game experience!
Water doesn’t come into play on this par-72 championship course but 85+ sand bunkers will. Wind will almost always factor into your round at The Links.
Players have the option of five tee boxes as they set out for 18 holes of links golf on a course with wide open fairways, but punishing native prairie grass rough. Architect Stephen Kay moved a minimal amount of dirt in placing this course on the rolling land overlooking the big lake, and you can expect some uneven lies as you navigate this world class venue. Our course has been nationally recognized as one of the nations top golf venues and is worth a trip to experience “pure links golf”!
We have been expanding our housing and grounds operation and now have 20 year round RV spots and 12 cabins on property. The Cabins also now have the availability for limited “Stay and Play” packages where your room rentals include unlimited golf and cart rental for those in the cabins. The rates range from $250 per night for single to $300 per night for couple or family. Each cabin is equipped with a small kitchenette, fridge, and has all the amenities. Please contact Jeff Covington at 701.609.0283 for more information. The facility also offers a full snack bar with a variety of food items to purchase along with an assortment of your favorite beverages.
The course is also available for use by companies and for outings and events by contacting the Head Golf Professional of the facility. Private lessons are also available with prior arrangements from the professional staff.
- USGA rules govern all play except where modified by local rules.
- Out of Bounds is defined by wire boundary fences.
- All yardage markers are measured to the center of the green.
- Carts are prohibited in native grass areas and on mounds near bunkers.
- Repair ball marks on greens and rake bunkers.
- Fill all fairway divots with sand/seed mix.
- Proper golf attire is required (Collared golf shirts are required to play!). Private coolers and outside beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Unless otherwise noted, players losing a ball in the native areas may drop where the ball entered the native area, one stroke penalty. (Lateral Hazard Rules apply!)